Friday, July 11, 2008

Just another night at the library....


The library here had a fear factor night with lots of bugs for the kids to enjoy!! Here's a few pictures to document the night! (Ok it's actually a lot of pictures!)


Round #1 Gummy, and then sour gummy worms! Of course my kids all participated in this round. (sorry no pictures of this easy round)




Round #2 White chocolate covered ants!





Round #3 "Potato chip flavored larvettes". By this round Dallin was smart and decided he no longer wanted to play!! Breggan thought these were great, he would have eaten a whole bag if I would have let him!!


Round #4 White chocolate covered bugs, Madellyn got a cricket! Luckily by this point the rest of my kids had all backed out of the competition! Breggan only backed out because I made him. All he saw was chocolate, and couldn't figure out why I wouldn't let him eat it!!


Round #5 Dead crickets! Ok I was really grossed out with this one, and didn't get a picture of Madellyn chomping on that crispy cricket!!






Final Round!!

The kids still in the competition got to choose between a live cricket or a live mealworm. Madellyn chose the mealworm. She had a bit of a hard time getting this one down, but she did it!!






In the end all the kids left as winners! I guess if that's what you want to call them!! (I sure didn't ask for any bedtime kisses after this lovely evening!)

5 comments:

jana jacob said...

SICK!!! I can't believe your kids would eat such stuff...I could never! They are way braver than me...or my kids!

Jessica said...

She should have gotten some MAJOR prize...please tell me they were giving out free something!

Anonymous said...

I hope she chewed the worm cuz rumor goes that if you don't then when you lay down it will crawl back out your nose. Sick. I "mucked" a worm once. You just swallow it. For a survival course. In case I ever get caught in a snow storm with some out of control friend in a Pilot...

AMY said...

I'm absolutely shocked, what else can I say?

Meghann said...

Wow! Your kids are brave. I am seriously impressed.

I missed Aubree in sunbeams! Does she take well to bribery? Because we always bring snacks.