Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's A .....................

On St. Patrick's day, we celebrated by having green milk, and an ultrasound. (I know an ultrasound has nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day!)

We told the kids that we would let them know after they got home from school whether it was a boy or girl. They actually had to wait until FHE. They were going crazy by this time! For FHE we sent them on a treasure hunt for clues that might help them guess the sex of the baby! The final clue included balloons and confetti falling from the sky. But they still didn't have their answer, because they had to pop all the balloons and find the one little piece of paper that said..."IT'S A GIRL!!" It was so cute, the kids were jumping around screaming "it's a girl". Even Dallin who had wanted a boy seemed pretty excited. (I of course video taped the evening, but didn't take pictures. And I'm not technical enough to put video's on here!)
It may be my 5th baby, but I still got pretty emotional at the ultrasound. When you see this tiny baby that weighs 7 oz's wiggling her fingers and toes and opening and shutting her mouth, it's so amazing to me!! She's so perfect!! Here are a few of the pictures!!!

(That's her umbilical cord resting nicely on her shoulder!)

(Her profile)


(Little feet, leg (in 1 picture), and toes)

Now the fun of shopping for a baby girl gets to begin!

9 comments:

Ilene said...

She is perfect! Congratulations!!

I see she is practicing for the inevitable blankie with her umbilical cord!

Anonymous said...

You know some cultures have weird traditions with umbilical cords, placentas...oh sorry, didn't want to make you puke but it is true! (something about burying the placenta around a tree...) Anyway, can't wait to meet her, what are you going to name her? I'll ask Gracie-she'll think of a name!

Penny said...

Isn't it amazing to see those pictures? I am so happy for you, little girls are fun- well, at least that's what I've HEARD! I will have to steal her while you are playing the piano in Primary. Congrats!

Jessica said...

Ultrasounds are the best. I want a girl next, too!

jessica said...

Such a cute way to tell the kids! Girls are the best, that's all we know so of course we love girls around here...for a few more years anyway. The teenage years freak me out a little...okay ALOT!

Congratulations!

The Hansen Clan said...

Congratulations! Those are seriously the best ultrasound pictures I have ever seen! I didn't even have to tilt my head to the side to try and figure out what each one was. She is darling! I cannot wait to meet her :)

AMY said...

Congratulations on a girl. Even though Mike's family consists of 9 grandsons and 0 grandaughters, I can still hope for a girl, right?

Meghann said...

I am SOOOOO excited for you. I can't wait to bring you dinner.

Anonymous said...

Congrats-
Its a girl!!!
I have goosebumps looking at your ultrasound pictures right now. It is just so amazing and miraclous. Truly a gift from above! I am a little jealous though boys 3
girls 0 for us. Try Try again!
I am so happy for you guys- you obviously make beautiful children so I am sure she will be gorgeous!