Saturday, April 21, 2012

Madellyn's Surprise party!

This year for Madellyn's birthday, Bill and I decided to throw her a surprise party.  She has actually asked every year for about 5 years now if we were going to give her a surprise party.  So it was quite easy to tell her not this year...and have her believe us! Thanks to our amazing friend Krista and Kate, we were able to pull the whole surprise off.  Krista and Kate picked Madellyn up to take her to dinner and the mall to celebrate her birthday.  Then Krista thought maybe they should see how busy the skating rink was.    It was a lot trickier than I thought it would be to pull the whole surprise off, so to have Madellyn so surprised...made all the work totally worth it!!!
Not the best picture, but you can see the surprise in her face!


Another friend made these darling cupcakes.  Another one of those things I wasn't sure how I would pull off without Madellyn noticing! Thanks Amanda!!
I can't believe Madellyn is 12!  She is now in Young Womens' and loves it!
She is an amazing big sister, a great babysitter, an awesome swimmer, and a fantastic student!  We love her like crazy, and are so glad she had a good birthday!!!

No comments: