
Ok, I can't believe I'm really going to do a post with some of my deepest secrets!!
Unfortunately for Bill when he married me he didn't know that I came with added baggage.
Luckily the baggage is only a blankie!! My mom made me this blankie before I was born, then after I was born and she knew I was a girl, she added lace around the edges! This blankie has joined me on my honeymoon and accompanied me to the hospital for the birth of everyone of my babies! And yes, I do sleep with it everynight!! So now if after this confession you no longer want to be my friend, I understand!
Unfortuantely, this blankie issue has been passed to all of my kids! The only problem is that Madellyn's blankie should no longer be a part of our family!
I'm feeling quite sympathetic for Madellyn about this whole blankie situation! Because honestly a blankie that looks like this can't be good for anyone's health! We have tried to coax Madellyn into getting a new blankie, but she does not want a new blankie! Which I really understand, because if someone tried to talk me into a new blankie I wouldn't want it!! But luckily my blanket doesn't look like Madellyn's, if it did it might be a different story!! Besides how can her blankie look like that when it's only 8 years old, and mine is almost 30 years old!!
8 comments:
That is too funny. I would have never guessed that you were a blankie girl.
Will you be buried with it?
Madellyn's blanket is a work of art. It seriously reminds me of some contemporary art that I studied in college. You should hang it on a wall.
Yes your blankie looks just as bad as madellyns and is not good for your health and really wants to find a new home at the dump!! SICK!!!
Oh, that anonymous person is Jodee just in case you couldnt figure it out!
Funny funny funny. Perfect blog material. And how has your blanket survived this long? All 3 of ours have disintegrated by age 5 (Jane's is on the way out!)
Seriously, haven't we all had the blankie at some point? I had one that looked similar. It must have smelled awefull, despite washings! I've heard some say to make it into a pillow. Maybe you should do that for yours, not too sure about Madellyn's...
All I can say is WOW! I thought Madellyn's blanket was a spider web at first. I don't know what to tell you... it is not going to end well but it looks like it will end, I would suggest having a replacement ready to go... the end is near. Maybe here's could be the stuffing inside her pillow???
We have similar blankies called Dee-Dees. Some of our dee-ees had to go bye-bye for the same reason. "T" still loves her dee-dee...I think that she'll be a mommy with a dee-dee too! BTW as soon as I read the anonymous comment I knew it was Jodee-YOU CRACK ME UP!!!
My husband must have come with added baggage too. Embarrassing enough, he has a blankie nicknamed "pinkie". It looks much like the one you have. In fact, Aidan and I want to make him a new one for Father's Day because he's too attached to it to live without one. Yes, he's our aduly Linus.
Post a Comment