Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Aubree!!

To start Aubree's birthday evening, we asked her what she wanted for her "special" birthday dinner. Her response was as follows..........



What mom could complain with a dinner request such as this?

We asked her what she wanted for her birthday...Her response was a stuffed Dobbie! (our puppy we gave away a few months ago!) Easy enough, we went to Wal-Mart and the minute she saw "Cupcake" she was happy as could be!! She even says now that she has "Cupcake" she doesn't miss Dobbie anymore. (that helps me to feel less guilty about giving the dog away!)





Then she reminded us that she also needed a new CareBear. Ok, another easy task. Add Funshine Bear to other other 7 CareBears she already has!



When we asked her what kind of cake she wanted she told us a "Carebear cake with a rainbow over his head and a rainbow on his tummy". Now things were getting tricky, so I thought. Bill just told her no problem! Luckily Bill is the cake maker in our family. The kids watched him in awe as he decorated her cake and kept telling him that he should be on T.V. he was so good! :)



I really think birthday parties for 4 year olds are great! They are so easy to please!!

8 comments:

Ilene said...

Happy Birthday to Aubree. PLEASE tell me 4 is easier than 3!

jessica said...

That dog is seriously huge! Are you sure it didn't eat Dobbie?

And not to knock on Bill's decorating skills...but what's up with the battered Care Bear...the black eyes are so hilarious!

Happy Birthday Aubree! You are so lucky to have such a nice mommy and daddy!

The Hansen Clan said...

Happy Birthday Aubree! I like the way that girl parties. I hope it was a great day for all of you.

Jessica said...

Ryan would kill himself if he had to live with a stuffed animal that big...he's always trying to throw all of our away!

(And Ilene, 4 is SO much easier than 3)

Penny said...

That really is a huge dog! And I am impressed that Bill decorated the cake, that is so sweet. And I agree, 4 is easier than 3!!

Meghann said...

Hey Bonnie, Adam makes the cakes in our family too. He is such a perfectionist about everything- so he makes amazing cakes. What nice husbands we have! Is the carebear on the cake wearing glasses? I'm not trying to rip on Bill's cake decorating, just curious.

Meghann said...

One more thing, how on earth can Aubree carry that thing? It's about 3 times her size AND weight?!?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girly! So glad you got to wear our birthday flower crown for a minute...when you get older I'll teach you that breakfast cereal is NOT a good dinner choice! Soon you will learn to ask for filet mignon or prime rib or something...but I guess easy on mom is awesome now too! Seriously, your new Dobbie is super cute! Love you!