Wednesday, June 11, 2008

IN LOVING MEMORY.........



After nearly 10 years as part of our family it was finally time to say goodbye to the old reliable car! I really think we got our money's worth out of that poor car, it only had 262,000 miles, and the only thing we had ever done to the thing was oil changes and a new battery! You can tell by looking at it that we didn't even pay to get the hood painted the right color!! I think the most depressing part was taking it to the salvage yard and only getting $150.00 for it! Now all that car is good for is parts!?!?!? The salvage yard must not have known that it was close to being an actual family member!!

5 comments:

jessica said...

Is that a tear I see in Bill's eye?

Rest In Peace little two toned car.

El Ponderado said...

Hey Bill, that's the biggest gut I've ever seen on you! Still got you beat though. :) Looking forward to seeing you all next week!

Ty

condiefamily said...

Ouch! Letting go of the old car is painful. Good memories in old cars. What did you replace it with?

The Hansen Clan said...

That is impressive! The mismatched hood added character... may he/she/it RIP :)

Anonymous said...

Been there done that with an old Honda. Except some poor teenage girl ended up with ours. I hope she survived driving that thing!