Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dorie has come to visit.......

So this past week this cute girl.....

Decided to ride one of these.....

Without one of these.....


AND THE RESULT WAS.............


A few hours later, she turned into this girl...(Hopefully you have seen Nemo!)


No memory of the "accident", what was for dinner, or where anyone was. It was kind of scary, but at the same time quite funny. She would ask something, then 2 seconds later have forgotten and ask the same question again. She also told me about something she saw on the Disney channel 4 different times (all within about a 2 minute time period) and everytime it was like the first time she had told it to me! She got so excited everytime!

She wanted to go to school the next morning since she was feeling fine. So I let her go until it was time for her doctor appointment. (We had talked to the doctor the night before and he said it was ok to wait till morning to see the doctor, since she wasn't vomiting or showing any other symptoms.) I went into the office to pick her up and she was showing her principal where her bump was. The principal was trying to feel the bump on her head. I started laughing and told her that's why we were going to the doctor, since Aubree was having her feel the wrong side of her head! No memory of where the bonk even was!

I'm so glad that nothing important happened on this day, because the day is forever lost in Aubree's head! Diagnosis was a concussion. Lesson learned was mom was serious when I said you must always, always, always wear your helmet! But most importantly we are so grateful that it was nothing more serious!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Just keep swimmin, just keep swimmin... i love our little Dory and I am so glad she is ok!

jessica said...

That is hilarious! Aric got a concussion once, he got mad because I just kept laughing at him. I'm glad she is back.

Jessica said...

That is crazy! I am not a big helmet pusher...maybe I should be...